The GUE Tech 2 Course at Tech Asia
GUE’s Technical Diver 2 course is designed to enhance deep diving proficiency while using helium breathing gases and oxygen-enriched decompression gases.
It is a rigorous class designed to prepare divers for depths of 75 m/246 ft and beyond, using multiple (three or more) stages or decompression gasses, to manage their gas, bottom time, and decompression exposure in a safe and comfortable manner.
Prerequisites - the applicant must :
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit and a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Tech 1 course.
- Must have a minimum of 25 logged Tech 1 level dives beyond GUE Tech 1 certification.
- Have logged 50 dives in a double tank configuration.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g., from
Dive Assure, DAN or equivalent.
What You Will Learn
You will, amongst other things, be learning about :
- Advanced mixed gas diving including hypoxic protocols.
- Risks of decompression diving.
- Gas management during deep dives.
- Accelerated, omitted, and general decompression strategies.
- Deep diving logistics and planning.
Land drills cover such aspects as :
- Dive team order and protocols.
- Gas switching procedures and protocols, including hypoxic protocol.
- Back gas and stage regulators/valve failure modes and management.
- Use of a bottom stage and multiple decompression stages (tank rotations).
- Unconscious diver recovery.
- Decompression gas sharing.
All of this is intergrated in to your actual training and experience dives.
The Technical Diver Level 2 course is normally conducted over six days. It requires a minimum of seven dives (including three trimix experience dives) and at least 48 hours of instruction, encompassing classroom lectures, land drills and in-water work.